Saturday, August 15, 2015

And I'm Off!!!

    As some of you may know, I, along with a fellow coworker, Lindsey, will be serving 7 weeks as a nurse in Madagascar with an incredible organization called Mercy Ships. Mercy Ships is an organization that has been providing reconstructive and live-saving surgeries to undeserved populations around the world for over 35 years. The Mercy Ship is the largest civilian hospital ship that provides state of the art medical care to those in desperate need-free of charge!
Lindsey and I am leaving a week early to explore around the country, before beginning our service which starts on August 28th, and ends October 11th. I will arrive in the capital, Antananarivo, and from there, I will be taking a 6 hour bus ride to the city of Toamasina, or Tamatave. Mercy Ships is docked in this city for 10 months out of the year. 
So as I embark on this truly unique journey and attempt to navigate myself through a developing country, as well as learning to pick up French, I will try my best to blog my way through Madagascar, so that you guys can experience the miraculous things that I will be seeing. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I intend on taking full advantage of this opportunity to its fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment